Our firm adds economic value by practicing risk management as we use financial instruments to manage exposure to risk, particularly market risk, interest rate risk or personal asset risk. Similar to general risk management, our responsibility is to identify the source of the risk, measure it and then create plans to minimize the exposure.
Risk management focuses on when and how to hedge using financial instruments to manage costly exposures to risk. Most people think of risk when discussing the stock market and their personal investments, but forget that those same investments are exposed to:
- Job Injury / Unable to Work (Medical Insurance / Disability Insurance)
- Senior Care (Long Term Care Insurance / Medicare Supplemental Insurance)
- Loss of Life / Replacement of Income (Life Insurance)
- Car Accident (Auto Insurance)
- Damage to Home (Home Owners Insurance)
- Taxes (Federal, State and Estate Taxes)
We believe that our firm should address these issues, with the goal of increasing the quality of our client’s lives and the value of their assets.